Asphalt Roller/Paver Operator
Title: Asphalt Roller/Paver Operator
Salary Range: $18.00 - $26.00 Hourly
Job Location: Louisville, KY
The Operator operates several types of power construction equipment, such as cranes, excavators, tractors, scrapers, motor graders, loaders or trenchers to excavate, move and grade earth, erect structural and reinforcing steel, pour concrete and move materials around the project.
Desired Knowledge and/or Skills
Ability to read machine manuals and load charts. Working knowledge of hand signals.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. 4 years or more years experience operating construction equipment.
Project assigned supervisor
Essential Job Functions
Checks fluid levels and refills them every day before starting the equipment. Warms up the equipment. Adjusts hand wheels and depresses pedals to drive machine and control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, and swing booms. Monitors the operating condition of the equipment and notifies the superintendent of any problems. Daily greasing of equipment.
Other Job Ffunctions
Erect, load and unload equipment. May assist other trades as directed by the job superintendent.
Constantly - Activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
*Standing *Hearing *Communicating
*Ability to judge distances *Clarity of vision at 20" or less
*Ability to distinguish colors *Ability to focus in on an object
Frequently - Activity exists 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
*Reaching *Fingering *Climbing
Occasionally - Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
*Balancing *Stooping *Kneeling
*Crouching *Feeling *Bending
Strength - Ability to exert and lift
50 - 100 lbs of force occasionally
25 - 50 lbs of force frequently
10 - 20 lbs of force constantly
Frequent exposure to weather, dust, and fumes. Occasionally working in high or exposed places. Working in a LOUD noise intensity level.
The job duties and requirement that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of the employer. This document does not create an employment contract, either expressed or implied. All employment is employment-at-will.
EOE - M/F/Disability/Veteran
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Our priority for referrals of protected veterans is highly desired
* Applicants must have at least 4 years experience
* Applicants must be at least 18
* Applicants preferred to hold a Class A/CDL driving license
* Applicant must have no felonies in the last 7 years that include but not limited to theft and violent crimes
* Applicant must be willing to travel JOBS LOCATED IN VARIOUS COUNTIES THROUGHOUT KENTUCKY
* Applicant must have reliable transportation to and from job site
* Federal contractor
* Work opportunities tax credit hires include Veterans
Job Salary and Benefits
* Salary range $18.00 - $26.00 Hourly
* Working days vary between weekdays and weekends
* 40 hours per week
* Normal work shifts: First (day)
* Overtime is required for this position
* The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular
* Leave benefits include Paid Holidays
* Retirement benefits include 401K
* Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life, Disability, and Vision
* Miscellaneous benefits include Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Job Recruitment Information
Use Apply Now button below to submit your application. Or apply in person at 3800 Crittenden Drive, Louisville, KY between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday